Plugin: Property Content Lock
In This Article
ATTENTION The Property Content Lock plugin is only available to Land Business and Land Forever plan members. If you are a Land Personal plan and want to upgrade to use this plugin, please email email@example.com or contact us.
What is Property Content Lock?
In order to help you capture more leads, the REI Landlist theme comes with the Property Content Lock Plugin. This plugin allows you to create a pop-up notification for new visitors which asks them to put in their contact information before browsing your available properties.
You can customize the plugin to either pop up when browsing any page of your website, or, just specifically when they're looking at properties.
The benefit of the latter is that if a lead is on a specific property page when the pop up appears, thanks to a hidden field in the popup form (which is automatically populated with the property ID), you'll be able to see exactly which property the lead was on when they decided to fill in the form meaning that you can tailor your response to them, making it a little more personal.
Set Up Property Content Lock
The Property Content Lock Plugin is installed and activated automatically. In case the page views don't appear in Admin Dashboard, you will have to activate the plugin manually.
- From the WordPress Admin Dashboard, hover your mouse to the Plugins on the left and click on Installed Plugins.
- A list of all your plugins will appear. Search for the Property Content Lock plugin. Once you find it, click on Activate.
- After the plugin is successfully activated, go to Property Content Lock.
- Once you’ve made the required changes, click on Save Changes.
Property Content Lock Options
- Lock Placement - We recommend selecting Lock Properties Only so that you can identify which property your lead filled the form out on.
- Force Popup - If you check the box, visitors to your site won’t be able to close the form unless they put in their details. If you’d prefer not to do this, uncheck the box, and on your website the popup box will now show an X to close the box.
- Cookie Length - Enter the desired number of days. See below.
- Popup Content - You have the option to customize the text that introduces your opt-in form. By default, you see the visual editor, but if you want to edit it in HTML, just click on the Text tab. You’ll also see the shortcode for the opt-in form, which is powered by Ninja Forms. More details see below.
- Close Popup Button Text
- Overlay Background Color
- Overlay Background Blur
- Remove Local Storage for Testing - If you need to test the popup again after you've closed it, simply click on this button.
Custom Cookie Length
Previously, the default cookie length for the property content lock was 14 days, meaning that if someone revisited your site after 15 days, they'd once again have to re-enter their information.
However now, you can add a custom cookie length to your opt-in form which suits your business better. To edit the cookie length simply type in your desired length in the box and click Save Changes.
NOTE This will only be particular to the browser the lead is on. If they access the website from another browser or device, then the popup will show as there will be nothing to identify them as returning visitors.
Customizing the Opt-in Form
The opt-in form is powered by Ninja Forms, so if you want to make any modifications you will need to access the form by going to Ninja Forms Dashboard on your WordPress Admin Dashboard.
Locate the Opt-In Form
The name of the form is called Property Content Lock Form, and you’ll see that the shortcode reads
[ninja_form id=4]. By default, this is the shortcode we use. Click on the form's title to edit.
You’ll then be presented with the form and you can customize it as you wish.
NOTE If you need a refresh on all the different features of Ninja Forms, refer to this section of the documentation.
Changing the Success Message
You can change the success message your visitors receive after inputting their details.
- Click on the Email & Actions tab at the top of the screen.
- Success Message will be at the top and you can toggle it on and off to suit your needs.
- To edit the message, simply click on it and a Message field will appear on the right-hand side.
- Once you’re finished, click DONE, the right-hand side panel will be closed.
- Now click PUBLISH to save your changes.