Plugin: Land Deal Countdown Timer
In This Article
ATTENTION The Land Deal Countdown Timer plugin is only available to Land Business and Land Forever plan members. If you are a Land Personal plan and want to upgrade to use this plugin, please email email@example.com or contact us.
REI Conversion now comes with a plugin that allows you to display a fully-customizable banner at the top of your webpage highlighting deals for your properties.
Setting Up the Timer
- Go to Properties → All Properties in your WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Click on the property you want to add the timer to.
- On the right-hand side under the Property tab, you'll see Land Deal
- Click Yes to Enable it
- You'll then be presented with several options for the timer.
- Expiry - Make sure you set a date in the future and click Done on the calendar once you've set the expiry (if you just click off it might not save).
- Title and Subtitle - Write a title and subtitle for your deal. For example, you can just put the property name or Deal of the Week. If you leave it blank, the automatic text will be generated.
- Once you're done click on Publish or Update to save your changes.
- You'll now see the timer appear at the top of your website.
Customizing the Timer
You can customize the timer in the theme customizer.
- From the WordPress Admin Dashboard go to Appearance → Customize.
- Click on Land Deal Countdown Timer.
- You can now change the color of the sticky Land Deal Countdown Timer that shows up on the whole site. To change these colors, simply click on them and scroll to your desired color. Or, you can type in the hexadecimal or rgba color code in the box at the top.
- Under Background, you'll be able to change the image on the background of your timer. Click Select Image and choose the file you want.
- Once you're finished editing, click on Publish to save changes.
Listing Multiple Timers
You can list deals for multiple properties on the countdown timer.
Just head to the property you wish to add a countdown timer for and follow the instructions for setting up the timer that we listed above.
Once it's added you'll see on the home page that the banner has turned into a carousel post. The carousel swipes automatically every 10 seconds unless the user is hovering over the banner which will pause it. The user can also navigate the deals by clicking the small circle icons at the bottom of the banner.
NOTE The navigation buttons can also be customized in Appearance → Customize in WordPress Admin Dashboard. This option will only appear, however, when there are 2 or more countdown timers listed.
Reflecting the Deal in the Pricing Section of your Properties
Under the Payment Options section of your property, you'll now see a new option after Button Link that says Visibility.
This allows you to only display the price of a property when a deal is current or expired.
- If you're selling a property on finance but want to offer a cash price deal for a limited time only. If the time expires, then that cash price will be removed automatically. You can do this by setting Visibility dropdown option to When Deal is Current. This way, the cash price will only appear when the deal is active.
- Likewise, under Finance Terms section, you can select When Deal is Expired for Visibility dropdown and the finance package will only pop up once the cash deal has expired.
- Alternatively, you can set the Visibility to Always if you'd prefer to keep the options there permanently.
Once you've selected your options, click Update to save.