Website: Using Elementor To Edit Pages
In This Article
What is Elementor?
REI Website uses a powerful and user-friendly page editor, Elementor. This plugin allows you to have complete control over your website and uses drag and drop technology to make the whole design process much simpler.
Elementor also allows you to live edit the content that’s in your blocks so you can make modifications and see results instantly.
ATTENTION You don’t need to subscribe to Elementor Pro for it to work with REI Website. The free version will suffice.
Using Elementor to Edit Pages
After REI Website is set up, the demo contents are installed by default. You'll have a template right in front of you so you can start editing that to your liking. Simply click on the section and edit it in real-time.
- Go to Pages → All Pages.
- Hover over the page you want to edit. You will see an option to Edit with Elementor.
- You will then be presented with a live preview of the page you selected and to the left you will see the Elementor panel.
- Alternatively, you can add your own extra sections using the Basic, General and WordPress widgets under the Elements tab of the Elementor panel.
Build Your Page
Main Building Blocks
- Section - When you hover over parts of your page, a light blue box will appear around the outside, this box defines a section.
- Column - Inside the section, it has columns. You can have up to 10 columns in a section.
- Widget - Inside columns, you have various widgets you can choose from in the Elementor panel.
How to Add a Section/Column/Widget
- To add a new section, simply click on the blue + in the section handle. A new section will appear with a couple of options.
- Click on the pink + sign to set your column structure or you can drag them across from the Elementor Panel on the left-hand side. For example, if you want to add an image section you would do the following:
How to Delete/Move a Section
To delete a section, simply click the x on the section handle.
To move it, click and hold on the ::: button in the middle of the section handle and drag it to where you want it.