Upgrading your phone or changing your service provider should be an exciting experience. Let's make the switch hassle-free and enjoyable. We're here to help you every step of the way.
In this article:
Porting Number Requirements
In order to start the porting numbers process, you need to send the following requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Signed Letter of Authorization (Letter of Authorization)
- Billing statement for the existing carrier (within the last 30 days)
- Customer Service Record (CSR) from the existing carrier
Things to consider:
- In order to avoid delays or rejections, you must keep all numbers with the current carrier until the port is completed.
- When porting numbers, you will be responsible for any termination charges levied by your current carrier.
- Following the completion of the port, you may not be able to receive messages for up to three business days.
- Your current carrier will process the port request, and it can take up to four weeks.
Note: Due to the carrier coordination involved, the porting process takes between two and four weeks from when we receive the required documentation from you, assuming there are no rejections.